Russell A. Adkins
- Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning
- Asset Preservation Planning
- Business Counseling and Services
- Entity Planning and Formation
- Business and Fiduciary Taxation
- Real Estate
Russell A. Adkins is a Shareholder, focusing his practice on individuals and business owners who are in need of advanced tax planning, wealth transfer, business succession planning, family limited partnerships, LLCs or irrevocable trusts. Russ also handles various aspects of tax planning and compliance for these entities, as well as trust and estate administration. Russ has worked extensively on developing and managing Huck Bouma's Life and Legacy Planning Group, which handles all aspects of estate planning and administration, special needs planning and elder law.
Russ began his legal career as an associate attorney with McDermott, Will & Emery in Chicago, and subsequently joined the firm of Rooks, Pitts & Poust. After college Russ completed the CPA exam, and prior to beginning his legal career, worked in the tax department of a large public company, USG Corporation. He joined the Wheaton law firm of Huck Bouma, PC in 2000 and became a partner and shareholder of the firm in 2006.
Russ has resided in Wheaton with his wife, Sue, who is also an attorney with Huck Bouma, PC, since 1995. Russ and Sue met in law school and have raised three boys in the Wheaton community. Russ enjoys music, running and biking, golf and the exciting challenge of being a father to three sons.
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
- B.S. - 1988
- Honors: College Honors
- Major: Accounting
- Illinois County Bar Association, Member
- Member, Wheaton Lions Club
Certified Legal Specialties
- Registered Certified Public Accountant, State of Illinois, 1989