Daniel O. Hands
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Planning and Guardianship
- Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning
Daniel O. Hands is a highly experienced attorney in the Trusts and Estates Department, focusing his practice principally on Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning, and Elder Law.
Daniel comes to us most recently from the Law Offices of Daniel O. Hands, where he served as both President and Founding Attorney. He provided high-quality services including all sections of asset protection, fundamental estate planning, elder law, and business succession.
As a seasoned and highly-respected attorney, Daniel has led a remarkable career dedicated to providing the highest standard of legal services.
He began his legal career serving the interstate trucking industry and offers a vast repertoire of expertise in estate planning and trust administration. He has also spent a generous amount of time presenting educational seminars to the general public as well as to other attorneys and a select groups of financial professionals.
Daniel is the author of "Planning Your Estate in Illinois" and a contributing author to "Love, Money, Control: Reinventing Estate Planning," a planning book focused on providing readers with the broad skills necessary for estate maintenance, control of personal assets and business succession.
Daniel earned his Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, subsequently enrolling in Valparaiso University School of Law, obtaining a Juris Doctorate.
Daniel is an esteemed member of the DuPage County Bar Association, Academy of Special Needs Planners as well as a member of WealthCounsel and ElderCounsel.
Daniel is the proud father of two daughters. His eldest lives in Brooklyn, NY and teaches special education and his youngest daughter has special needs and lives with him.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Juris Doctorate - 1975
- Western Michigan University – Haworth College of Business, Kalamazoo, MI
- B.B.A. - 1971
- Major: Business Administration
- Illinois, 1975
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member
- Co-Author, Love, Money, Control: Reinventing Estate Planning
- Author, Planning Your Estate in Illinois, (2022)
- Contributing Author, Love, Money, Control: Reinventing Estate Planning: Practical Answers from America’s Foremost Estate Planning Advisors. Esperti, R. A., & Peterson, R. L. (2004)
- Academy of Special Needs Planners