Richard L. Heimberg
- Real Estate
Richard (Bud) Heimberg's professional time is spent dealing mainly in areas relating to real estate, including purchases and sales, deferred exchanges, annexation and zoning, subdivision and development, and project structuring, including residential and commercial entities. Representative clients have included Pulte Home Corporation, Concord Development Corporation, Pasquinelli Builders, CMD Midwest Corporation, Safety Kleen Corporation, Sherman Hospital, Interstate Partners, Windsor Development Corporation, The Residential Land Fund I, Residential Development Group, Inc., Centex Homes, Wyndham Deerpoint Homes, as well as local property owners, builders, and developers. In addition, Bud consults with other members of the firm in real estate-related facets of business and estate planning projects. Bud is a firm believer in drawing on the firm's wide variety of talent and experience to provide the best legal service available to the firm's clients.
Bud attended Eastern Illinois University (1959-1961) and transferred to Valparaiso University where he received his Bachelor of Arts Degree. Bud then entered Valparaiso University School of Law where he received his Bachelor of Laws Degree (1965), graduating cum laude with the highest grade point average in his class and serving as president of the Student Bar Association. While attending law school, Bud played varsity baseball for Valparaiso University and was elected to the All-Indiana Collegiate Conference Team in 1964.
Following graduation from Valparaiso University School of Law, Bud became an associate with the firm (then Brady, McQueen, Martin, Collins & Callahan). Bud became a partner in 1969.
Bud's community participation includes: (a) service as Treasurer and two separate terms on the Board of Directors of the Greater Elgin YMCA, (b) membership on the Finance Committee of the Larkin Center, (c) membership on Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church Council and Finance Committee, (d) member of Board of Trustees of Fox Valley Mental Health Foundation, (e) member of the Greater Elgin Family Care Center Endowment Board, and (f) coaching youth basketball and baseball.
Bud was elected as a director of The Larkin Bank in 1979 and served in that capacity until the bank merged into NBD Bancorp in 1992. Bud co-founded First Community Financial Corporation, the holding company of First Community Bank, Elgin, and served as a member of the holding company Board of Directors until it merged into St. Charles National Bank and Trust Company in 2016.
Bud is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Kane County Bar Association. Bud has been awarded an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, indicating that his legal abilities are the highest standard and that his professional ethics are unquestioned.
Bud has resided in Elgin, Illinois since 1965, having previously lived in his hometown of Valparaiso, Indiana. Bud and his wife, Karen, have four children.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Highest Grade Point Average in his Class
- Honors: President of the Student Bar Association
- Honors: All-Indiana Collegiate Conference Team in 1964
- Eastern Illinois University
- Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Major: Sociology
- Illinois, 1966
- Kane County Bar Association, Member, 1999 to 2002
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Board of Directors of the Greater Elgin YMCA, Treasurer
- Finance Committee of the Larkin Center, Member
- Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church Council and Finance Committee, Member
- Board of Trustees of Fox Valley Mental Health Foundation, Member
- Greater Elgin Family Care Center Endowment Board, Member
- First Community Financial Corporation, Co-founder
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Larkin Bank, Director, 1979 to 1992
- National Sports Management Inc., Director, 1992 - 2002