Thomas J. Homer
- Real Estate
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning
- Civil Mediation
Thomas J. Homer is a former state lawmaker, appellate court judge, and prosecutor with over 40 years of legal experience.
He is a highly experienced attorney in the Trusts and Estates Department, focusing his practice principally on Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning and Estate, Trust Administration real estate and mediation.
Thomas comes to us most recently from the The Homer Law Firm, PC, where he served as Founding Attorney. He provided high-quality services including all sections of asset protection, fundamental estate planning, elder law, and business succession.
Tom Homer began his legal career in 1974 as a prosecutor. He served two terms as the Fulton County Attorney and six terms as a member of the Illinois House of Representatives.
Tom was elected to the Illinois Appellate Court in 1996. From 2004 to 2014, he served as ethics advisor to the Illinois General Assembly. He has been recognized by the Illinois General Assembly for his integrity and ability (House Joint Resolution 142, 95th General Assembly) and was featured in an article in the Naperville Sun.
In March, 2017, Governor Bruce Rauner appointed Tom to the Illinois Board of Examiners an organization that protects Illinois citizens' interest by the examination and certification of candidates who seek Certified Public Account (CPA) licensure in the state.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Illinois
- B.A. - 1970
- Major: Political Science
- Illinois, 1974
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Illinois Retired Judges Association, Member, 2002 to 2008
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member, 1997 to 2003
Classes & Seminars
- Ethics and the Legislative Process, IICLE, 2007 to 2008
- Financial and Estate Planning, State Retirement System, 2005 to 2008
- Illinois Board of Examiners
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Financial Planner