Brian K. LaFratta
- Employment Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employment Law Litigation
Brian K. LaFratta, a Senior Director with the Firm, focuses his practice on all areas of employment law, including employment litigation, employment contracts and covenants not to compete, and employment law counseling and compliance issues. In addition, Brian counsels employers on compliance with employment laws, prepares employment and non-compete agreements, drafts employee handbooks, and conducts employment law training. He also represents buyers and sellers with respect to employment law issues arising out of mergers and acquisitions. Brian represents employers in federal and state courts in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, and breach of contract lawsuits. He also represents both employers and employees in non-compete and trade secret litigation, including TRO and preliminary injunction proceedings. He routinely defends employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR).
Following his graduation from the University of Illinois College of Law, Brian began his career in the employment law group of Winston & Strawn. Prior to joining Huck Bouma PC in 2011, he worked at the national employment law firm of Fisher & Phillips.
Brian has been a Wheaton resident since 2002. In his free time, Brian enjoys exercising, reading and spending time with his wife and two very active children.
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Illinois, 2001
- Selected to SuperLawyers in Employment Law since 2019
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Dupage County Bar Association, Employment Law Committee, Chair
- Rotary Club of Central DuPage, 2014 Rotarian of the Year, Board Member
- 2014 Rotarian of the Year
- Rotary Club of Central DuPage, Board Member