Kathryn C. Rolewick
- Business Services
- Real Estate
- Special Needs Planning and Guardianship
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning
Kathryn C. Rolewick is a Director in the Trusts and Estates Practice Area, focusing her practice primarily on advising individuals, families, and business owners on estate planning objectives and asset protection strategies.
Kathryn counsels multiple generations of family business owners on wealth transfers, succession planning, and corporate planning. Kathryn plans for income tax, federal estate tax, state estate tax, gift tax and generation skipping tax consequences, utilizing LLCs, revocable trusts and a variety of irrevocable trusts.
From simple wills and trusts to complex plans, Kathryn enjoys advising a variety of clients on the tools available to preserve, grow, and pass on their wealth. Kathryn also represents her clients in trust and estate administration, probate, business formation, corporate maintenance, and real estate.
Prior to joining Huck Bouma, Kathryn was an associate at the Wheaton law firm of Rolewick & Gutzke P.C., the firm founded by her father, David Rolewick. Before transitioning to private practice, Kathryn worked in high net worth trust administration at U.S. Trust, now Bank of America Private Bank.
Kathryn lives in the western suburbs with her husband and two sons. Kathryn enjoys traveling, photography, and outdoor activities, especially running.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Entrance Scholarship
- Boston College
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: National Collegiate
- Honors: Golden Key National Honor Societies
- Major: Psychology
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2013
- American Bar Association (ABA), 2011 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), 2011 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Trusts and Estates Section Council, Member, 2014 to 2017
- DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA), 2013 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA), 2014 to Present
- The Loyola University International Law Review; Associate Editor
- Loyola Honors at Entrance Scholarship
- U.S. Trust, Bank of America N.A. Chicago, Illinois, Trust Administrative Officer, 2013 to 2016
- Illinois Appellate Court Second District Elgin, Illinois, Judicial Intern for Justice Ann Jorgensen, 2012 to 2012
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law Chicago, Illinois, Research Assistant to Professor Michael Kaufman, 2010 to 2010
- Rolewick & Gutzke, P.C., Wheaton, Illinois, Legal Assistant, 2007 to 2010