- Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning
- Elder Law
Huck Bouma, PC
4927 W. 95th Street
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Stephen M. Sutera serves in an Of Counsel position in Huck Bouma's Trusts and Estates Practice Group. Since 1990, Stephen has focused his practice on designing estate plans, settling estates, providing advice regarding elder law, and providing advice regarding special needs planning.
He began his career as a Cook County Prosecutor in the Criminal Division. Since beginning his Estate Planning Practice in 1990 he has taught classes to financial planners and accountants regarding Estate Planning, Elder Law Planning, and Wealth Transfer. Stephen has made regular presentations on behalf of Religious Organizations, Retirement Communities, Public Libraries, and other charities dealing with Life Care Planning.
He takes great pride in creating estate planning options, along with implementation of designs. Stephen is committed to client education in order to provide superior service. Stephen creates his planning in an environment which allows each client the opportunity to tell their life story regarding themselves and their family. Thereafter, the clients participate in an educational process of choosing options which will cover their lifetime and beyond. Stephen enjoys collaborating with the client's team of professionals such as their financial planner, tax preparer, and insurance professional.
Stephen brings to Huck Bouma P.C. 33 years of experience from his long career operating his own practice.
Stephen continues to serve on boards of various charities. He resides in Orland Park, IL with Gail, his wife of 41 years.
Stephen is the proud father of two adult daughters, Marissa and Kristen.
Stephen enjoys gardening in his free time.
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
- Major: Business Administration
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Du Page Estate Planning Council
- South Suburban Estate Planning Council
- Chicago Magazine (November 2015): named as one of the Top Five Star Accounting and Estate Planning Professionals in Chicago.