Aaron T. Troy
- Special Needs Planning and Guardianship
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning
Aaron T. Troy is a Director in the Trusts and Estates Practice Area, focusing his practice primarily on advising individuals and families on estate planning objectives and asset protection strategies.
Aaron believes estate planning is far more "art" than "science," and evaluates his clients' goals from a wide range of perspectives. He annually prepares federal gift and generation-skipping transfer tax returns, as well as federal and Illinois estate tax returns. Aaron also represents executors and trustees in complex estate and trust administration matters, including estate and trust litigation.
Aaron also assists clients in applying for guardianship for minors and adults with disabilities. In DuPage County, Aaron has been court-appointed to serve as counsel for minors and adults with disabilities in guardianship cases.
Aaron is a volunteer member of the Board of Directors of Tabor Hills Health Care Facility, a senior living campus in Naperville that U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks as one of the top senior living facilities in the United States.
Aaron lives in Winfield with his wife and their young twins.
Prior to joining Huck Bouma, Aaron was an associate at the Wheaton law firm of Rolewick & Gutzke P.C.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Loyola University Chicago Low-Income Tax Clinic
- University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: Loyola University Chicago Low-Income-Tax Clinic, Member, 2009
- Honors: Recipient, Tax Certificate
- Major: Economics
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA)
- Loyola University Chicago Low-Income Tax Clinic
- Tabor Hills Senior Living Campus, Member, Board of Directors (2017-Present)
- Supreme Court Decision in Vance v. Ball State University re: Employer’s Liability for Discrimination by a “Supervisor”, 2013
- Beneficiaries Beware: Enforceability of Spendthrift Clauses in Bankruptcy after In re: Castellano Illinois State Bar Association Trusts & Estates Section Council Newsletter, Vol. 61 · May 1, 2015
- Preserving the Practice: Estate Planning Pitfalls for Owners of a Professional Services Firm Co-Authored with David F. Rolewick, Rolewick & Gutzke, P.C., Trusts and Estates Section Newsletter, Illinois State Bar Association · May 1, 2012
- Tabor Hills Senior Living Campus Member, Board of Directors, 2017 to Present
- Navistar, Inc. Office of the General Counsel, Contract Attorney, 2009 to 2010
- Navistar, Inc. Office of the General Counsel, Law Clerk, 2008 to 2009