David E. Zajicek
- Banking and Finance
- Business Counseling and Governance
- Business Financing
- Business Services
- Buying and Selling Businesses
- Contract Services
- Entity Planning and Formation
- Litigation and Troubled Assets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
David Zajicek is a highly experienced attorney whose practice includes corporate, finance and real estate transactions, as well as related lítigation. He represents companíes in sales of businesses; mergers and acquísitions; leveraged buyouts; executive compensation; employment law; shareholder disputes, and business succession planning.
As part of his corporate practice, David represents major lending institutions as well as borrowers in all types of private financíng arrangements, including aircraft financing, New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) financing, Tax Incremental (TIF) financing, and workout litigation.
David's real estate practice includes representation of developers from acquisition thru construction, sale and leasing. He has extensive experience in zoning and land use matters before many local communities in the Chicagoland area and in state courts regarding annexation, zoning, special use permits, wetlands permits, impact fees, storm water management and building permits.
On the trial side of his practice David has tried cases in state and federal courts regarding diverse commercial matters, ìncluding shareholder disputes, manufacturer/distributor disputes, and real estate matters of all types.
David was a Captain in the United States Air Force and is a recipient of the Air Force Commendation Medal.
He and his wife, Lucrezia, live in Naperville, Illinois.
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1964
- Bradley University
- B.S. - 1961
- Honors: With Honors
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- "Super Lawyer" by Illinois Super Lawyer Magazine, 2005
- AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient, Air Force Commendation Medal
Classes & Seminars
- Documenting Unusual Real Estate and Commercial Loans-Building Lender Protections From Start to Finish, live video conferences.
- David has written and lectured to professional groups regarding the New Markets Tax Credit Program, enacted as part of the Federal Community Renewal Tax Relief Act of 2000.
- Guest lecturer on zoning and land use law conferences sponsored by the lnternational Conference of Shopping Centers and has taught real estate law courses at Roosevelt University in Chicago.
- Holland & Knight, Partner
- McBride Baker & Coles
- United States Air Force, Captain, 1965 - 1967
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Partner, 1983 - 1987