Russell T. Zimmerman
- Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning
- Trust and Estate Administration
Russell T. Zimmerman is a Senior Associate in the Wealth Transfer and Estate Planning practice group, concentrating his practice in the areas of estate planning and estate administration.
Russell's practice has given him the opportunity to gain insight into the overlapping dynamics of all phases of a trust and estate-from the initial estate planning consultation, through the final distribution. In doing so he has developed the ability to thoughtfully navigate both the complicated legal process, and also the sensitive family dynamics that often intersect during the drafting and administration process.
He has the ability to craft custom estate planning solutions for each individual or family's unique needs, and to communicate complex trust topics to anyone in an effective, but conversational, manner. Many of Russell's clients are also financial intuitions in their capacity as corporate trustee, executor or minor/adult guardian who have sought his counsel to troubleshoot a wide range of estate administration and probate issues.
Russell earned his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law, with a certificate in Business Law, and a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Political Science from Indiana University, with a certificate of Business Foundations from the Kelly School of Business. Russell is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association Section on Trusts & Estates, the Chicago Bar Association Committees on Probate Practice and Estate Planning, and the DuPage County Bar Association Section on Estate Planning and Probate.
Prior to joining Huck Bouma, Russell was an associate at boutique trusts and estates law firms in Chicago and Oak Park.
Russell grew up in Naperville, and returned to the area to put down personal and professional roots after living downtown Chicago for over a decade. He enjoys playing ice hockey, traveling, and most of all spending time with his wife, Laura, their two little girls, and dog, Millie.
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, Section on Trusts & Estates
- Chicago Bar Association, Committee on Probate Practice
- Chicago Bar Association, Committee on Estate Planning
- DuPage County Bar Association, Section on Estate Planning and Probate
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certification in Business Law
- Certification in Business Foundations, Kelly School of Busines